Island View Dental is your Grand Island, NE CEREC dentist for single-visit tooth restorations. Why visit our Grand Island dental office a second time if you don't have to?
What is CEREC?
CEREC is a technology for restoring damaged teeth, and this restoration can be completed in a single visit to Island View Dental. It makes your teeth stronger and more beautiful, all while keeping your teeth looking natural. The restoration is metal-free, and the high-grade ceramic material is compatible with the natural tissue found in your mouth.
The CEREC Process
During your appointment, Drs. Kearns, Serbousek, or Santin will discuss with you the details of the procedure and answer any questions you may have. A thin layer of reflective powder will be applied to your tooth, and a special 3D imaging camera will take a photo of your tooth. Using CEREC's proprietary software, your restoration will be designed according to your tooth's appropriate form and function. Then, our CEREC milling machine will use diamond burs to create your restoration out of a piece of ceramic. Finally, the ceramic restoration is bonded to your tooth using state-of-the-art adhesive.
Why Choose CEREC?
There are many advantages of using CEREC over traditional crown technology.
- Experience: Drs. Kearns, Serbousek, and Santin have used CEREC technology for more than ten years, using it to create more than 10000 restorations.
- Time: CEREC crowns are made in one visit, saving you considerable time spent away from your job and family.
- Comfort: With CEREC, there is no need for a temporary crown, eliminating significant potential discomfort.
- Aesthetics: The strong, tooth-colored ceramic materials of CEREC restore your teeth to their natural strength, beauty, and function, and closely match the composition of your natural tooth structure.
- Strength: Milled ceramic is stronger than the traditional method of layering and pressing, so your smile will stay beautiful for years!
- Fillings: CEREC material and technology can also be used for fillings. Since these fillings are made out of porcelain, they are more durable than white composite fillings.
Dentists can create customized fittings of crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays, and other dental restorations using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM). Through the CAD/CAM technology, your dentist can provide you with the most precise restorations possible.
By using CAD/CAM, your dentist is able to create durable, well-fitting, individual or multiple-tooth restorations. CAD/CAM technology also delivers advantages when it comes to office visits. Traditional tooth restorations may take several days and multiple office visits, but with CAD/CAM technology, we are able to perform single-visit tooth restorations! In just one visit you can have a beautiful, healthy smile.
To learn more about CAD/CAM technology and how it can benefit you, please contact our practice and schedule an appointment with your dentist.
Contact our office to schedule an appointment with our Grand Island CEREC dentists today!